Welcome to the Counselor's Page
Contact Sheryl Whaley @ 895-5550 ext. 2314
Counseling activities include a variety of services. The major services of this department include:
Providing crisis and personal counseling, problem-solving and coping skills.
- Sharing community resources with students and parents.
- Coordinating in-school support services.
- Assisting with student referrals to community agencies for various services (i.e. long-term counseling, hospitalization, teen parenting, substance abuse).
- Academic scheduling and individual planning to ensure graduation requirements are met.
- Administering standardized academic testing programs.
- Providing work readiness skills and vocational information.
- Resume and cover letter writing.
- Offering job search skills to students.
- Registering students for the Career Center.
- Career advisement, exploration and planning.
- Helping students make the transition to college, skilled trade or certificate programs.
- Arranging college visits.
- Small group student meetings are also held with college admissions counselors, Armed Service representatives and various career speakers addressing the six career pathways.
- Assisting students and parents with any other needs that may help the student progress toward graduation, prepare for life after graduation and increase personal growth/health.
Financial Aid Information
Bay Area Community Foundation Scholarships